Pages

This Blog is currently being transferred to work in conjunction with my new website! WWW.STENBERGPHOTOGRAPHY.COM will now direct you to my new "proper" website and blog. If you stumbled across this blog, please feel free to browse but know that updates will take place from my new website and this blog will no longer be used. Thanks ;)

Monday, March 9, 2009

"Strings" a picture is worth a thousand notes



























Working with Calgary musician Tyler W., I helped him to create some imagery for his studio.  He plays a variety of instruments but his passion lies with the sound created by "strings".  I took these photo's in a specific way that would tell the story of the instrument.  The Cello displaying is beautiful curves in such a perfect balanced form.  It's scroll a form on its own deserved its own attention.  I tried to make my focus on the prominent parts that a musician may touch and interact with.  This may all sound funny to you but it's all for a purpose.  By capturing images with "feel" through its shape texture and color I was able to evoke certain emotions through its viewer.  With a different perspective, such as the musicians hands on the neck of his classical guitar, I was able to show the bond and relationship a musician shares with his instruments.  The final result: music through imagery

Tech info

shot with Canon 40D 2.8 L series lens 28-70.  Approx = 1/80 sec (handheld), F16, ISO 1600, w/ex 580 flash bounce.  basic edit in Lightroom no Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment