Pages

This Blog is currently being transferred to work in conjunction with my new website! WWW.STENBERGPHOTOGRAPHY.COM will now direct you to my new "proper" website and blog. If you stumbled across this blog, please feel free to browse but know that updates will take place from my new website and this blog will no longer be used. Thanks ;)

Monday, March 15, 2010

Olympic lifting course by Performance Edge Consulting | Crossfit

Here are some of my favorite photos from the Olympic lifting course that is currently being held tuesday and thursday at PURE fitness in Red Deer.  In this sequence of photographs, students were learning proper deadlift, hang clean, and overhead squat technique.  I hope to get to at least one other class and will post more photos as I take them.

TECH INFO: I took these photos with hard light 90 degrees from the subject. Sometimes one strobe and other times two.  The wide angle lens was my favorite choice for this style of photography.  I really enjoyed myself because I could be a bit more creative and "edgy" with my style and editing techniques.  In LR I chose some high contract monochrome and a warm desaturated look with strong blacks.  I think they both worked quite well.  ISO 800 was required in order to balance enough ambient light with my strobes.  I shot with a shutter speed of 1/250th a second and a aperture of about 4.5
To see the whole group of pictures please visit this photostream on Flickr.  If you wish to obtain any of my photographs for personal or professional use, please contact me for permission and purchase.

Thanks again to Performance Edge Consulting for this opportunity and to Pure Fitness for their facility!

Kurt

No comments:

Post a Comment