Pages

This Blog is currently being transferred to work in conjunction with my new website! WWW.STENBERGPHOTOGRAPHY.COM will now direct you to my new "proper" website and blog. If you stumbled across this blog, please feel free to browse but know that updates will take place from my new website and this blog will no longer be used. Thanks ;)

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wildflowers of Kananaskis Country









Hey

I am in-between camping trips and couldn't stop myself from previewing some of the pics I took while away.  I got carried away and thought to heck with it I will just edit them now and put up a post.  
We camped off of the Forestry Trunk road perched up above a big valley with a great view of the mountains as you can see in the last photograph.  It was an almost 180 degree view when we woke up from our tents in the morning.
When we first arrived we immediately noticed the huge number of wild lilly's that were so vibrant red and orange so I knew I had to at least get one shot of them before leaving.  It was pretty cool to have such a variety of flowers all around us and not have to  hike up a  mountain pass to find them for once!  In the end I got a good variety of pictures of many flowers in the area.

TECH INFO: I took all of these shots in the morning shortly after sunrise with a nice cross-light.  I only used natural light for these and didn't bother experimenting with flash.  I wish I would have brought my tripod so I could have opened up the DOF a bit more but oh well.  So in the end I boosted my ISO slightly to 400 F8.0 and shot in a range of 1/60th to 1/500th sec.  In PS LR I adjusted the WB and exposure and adjusted the black values, added some needed contrast and got rid of some of the noise before sharpening.  Some of the photos also have a slight boost in saturation but most of the flower photos didn't need it because they were so vibrant already.

Hope you enjoy.  I will be gone again tomorrow and back after the weekend so I will have another post up after that.  Thanks!  Please leave comments, critique, or let me know which one(s) are your favorite and why.

KURT

if you have any questions or would like to inquire about getting any of my photography custom printed, please send me an email at    stenbergphotography@shaw.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment