Pages

This Blog is currently being transferred to work in conjunction with my new website! WWW.STENBERGPHOTOGRAPHY.COM will now direct you to my new "proper" website and blog. If you stumbled across this blog, please feel free to browse but know that updates will take place from my new website and this blog will no longer be used. Thanks ;)

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

B.C.'s Sunshine Coast

5D Mk II, full RAW, Rapid Fire shutter, AF servo, 195mm zoom L series lens, ISO 400, F 4.5, 1/6400 sec

Original photograph
I came across these two photos this evening and thought I would share them with you on my blog.  I was in the mood to post something other than portraits.

The first photo is a very cropped down picture from its original as you can see.  I used full RAW mode on my camera in anticipation of the major croppage I was going to have to perform.  Not bad considering how far away the bird was.  It was a good test of resolution on my 5d mk II's maiden voyage.

The second photo is a 1 second exposure of a waterfall on Goat Island on Powell lake.  I am not sure why I used ISO 200.  I must have forgot I could push the camera to a low ISO 50 and get an even longer exposure to soften the water.  Oh well.  For whatever reason, that was the exposure I took and it worked just fine.

Please let me know what you think or some of your experiences with similar photographs ;)



1.0 sec, F22, ISO 200, 24mm

Kurt

No comments:

Post a Comment