Pages

This Blog is currently being transferred to work in conjunction with my new website! WWW.STENBERGPHOTOGRAPHY.COM will now direct you to my new "proper" website and blog. If you stumbled across this blog, please feel free to browse but know that updates will take place from my new website and this blog will no longer be used. Thanks ;)

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wallace "interior" family photos


Sometimes you can't always have good weather.  This was the case when I visited the Wallace family in Edmonton....
 Fortunately they have a large beautiful home with a lot of artistic and creative space.  We made use of the architecture and tried to show off the beauty of their family and the home.  They planned to make a large print on canvas for a holiday home down south and wanted to remember all of their family unable to travel with them.  In the end I believe it rained for a reason and forced us to capture what a great relationship the Wallace family shared together in their cozy canadian home ;)




Tech info:  Shooting a family indoors created its own unique challenges.  And you probably guessed it; low light.  For most of these photographs I shot them using an ISO of 3200 and apertures of 4-5.6 in order to keep everyone in focus front to back.  I could not sacrifice the F-stop for more light in this case.  I was able to hold steady and shoot slower shutter speeds and take multiple photos to ensure a steady shot and no blinkers!  At its darkest, such as the last photo in the basement at the bar, I shot close to 1/60th of a second.  This would have not been possible with small children since they tend to squirm a little more ;)  Finally the use of off camera flash in either one or two umbrellas, supplemented the light as well as helped freeze the subjects for a sharper shot.  I wanted the natural light in the home to come through so I only used small amounts of flash either camera right or left.  No bounce or on camera flash was used.


Kurt

No comments:

Post a Comment