Pages

This Blog is currently being transferred to work in conjunction with my new website! WWW.STENBERGPHOTOGRAPHY.COM will now direct you to my new "proper" website and blog. If you stumbled across this blog, please feel free to browse but know that updates will take place from my new website and this blog will no longer be used. Thanks ;)

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bower Ponds Fall Family Photos Red Deer


I met the Huseby family at Bower Ponds this fall to get a few family photos before all the leaves had blown away.  We were fortunate with the best of both worlds having awesome color in the trees and a lot of leaves on the ground.  The late afternoon was perfect weather with a strong warm sunset.


We used a lot of off camera flash to fill in light and cross light from the sun.  Often at times, the sunlight was used as a rim light.  I find it a lot easier to get better photos when the people I work with do not have to look straight into the sun.  This can be an easy way to get proper exposure with the background but you usually have people squinting or have dark eyes from shadows.  Look for shadows in my pictures to see where the flashes where positioned.  This is called "reverse engineering" by photographers.

Hope you enjoy!









Kurt

2 comments:

  1. They look great! Thanks again Kurt! Can't wait to see the rest of them!

    ReplyDelete